Thousands of volunteer hours are needed each year to bring ski trails to Calgarians. We would love your help. Meet other folks passionate about skiing, ski trails and Nordic facility access in Calgary. Experience and share the enjoyment of your efforts with other Calgarians!
Here are our current volunteer requirements:
Snow Harvesting Team: Please register online here.
- Are you good with a shovel? Help us use shovels, scoops and a snowblower to move natural snow from the ungroomed areas on to thin patches in our trail system. People work in crews of 10 on Wednesday nights, usually starting at 6:30, for up to 2 hours. You can help out for as many evenings as you would like!
If you’re interested in any of the teams below, contact us for more information!
- Individuals with interest in greeting the public at the ski facility. You will be an ambassador for the Nordic Alliance, engaging skiing enthusiasts in making skiing a reality right here in Calgary!
- Individuals with interest in managing online communications, social media and web updates.
- We are looking for people who have experience coordinating and recognizing volunteer efforts to help lead this team.
Ski Operations at Confederation Park Golf Course: December to March (subject to weather).
- Gate Team:
- Reliable individuals who live near Confed who can open and close gates for the parking lot. Gates will be open 9AM to 9PM.
- Parking Attendants Team:
- Assistance with peak times to direct parking lot traffic during the evenings for at events.
- Track Setting Team:
- We are looking for new and experienced groomers for this upcoming season. Training provided. Some knowledge of ski trail quality is required.
- Snowmaking Team (Confed and Shaganappi):
- Individuals with previous snow making experience or some technical interest in this area.
Shutdown and Cleanup: Early March
- Shutdown Team: We will require volunteers to assist to shut down operations – including folks with trucks that can pull a storage trailer.
General Support: Can you contribute in another way? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us to connect with someone from our Volunteer Committee.