Thousands of volunteer hours are needed each year to bring ski trails to Calgarians. We would love your help. Meet other folks passionate about skiing, ski trails and Nordic facility access in Calgary. Experience and share the enjoyment of your efforts with other Calgarians!
If you have any questions about how to get involved, contact us for more information!
Shaganappi Golf Course
Skiing at Shaganappi Golf Course is maintained by Shaganappi Nordic Operations. They are currently recruiting new volunteers for all tasks. Please visit here for more details.
Confederation Park Golf Course
Skiing at Confederation Park Golf Course is maintained by Foothills Nordic Ski Club. Please contact Foothills Nordic Ski Club at Operations@foothillsnordic.ca if you are wanting to get involved. More information can also be found on the Foothills Nordic website.
Snow Harvesting Team: Sign up Here
- Are you good with a shovel? Help us use shovels, scoops and a snowblower to move natural snow from the ungroomed areas on to thin patches in our trail system. People work in crews of up to 20 on Wednesday nights, usually starting at 6:30, for up to 2 hours. You can help out for as many evenings as you would like!
Ski Operations at Confederation Park Golf Course: December to March (subject to weather).
- Gate Team:
- Reliable individuals who live near Confed who can open and close gates for the parking lot. Gates will be open 9AM to 9PM.
- Parking Attendants Team:
- Assistance with peak times to direct parking lot traffic during the evenings for at events.
- Track Setting Team:
- We are looking for new and experienced groomers for this upcoming season. Training provided. Some knowledge of ski trail quality is required.
- Snowmaking Team:
- Individuals with previous snow making experience or some technical interest in this area.
Shutdown and Cleanup: Early March
- Shutdown Team: We will require volunteers to assist to shut down operations – including folks with trucks that can pull a storage trailer.