Thousands of volunteer hours are needed each year to bring ski trails to Calgarians. We would love your help!
Meet other folks passionate about skiing, ski trails and Nordic facility access in Calgary. Experience and share the enjoyment of your efforts with other Calgarians!
Here are our volunteer requirements throughout the year:
Setup: October to December (Access to the golf courses is available from November)
- Setup Team Requirements: We will be setting up our team for the fall shortly.
Ski Operations: December to March (subject to weather)
- Snow Harvesting Team: Manual and mechanized moving of natural snow. Requirement: Shovel snow onto trails one night per week (1 to 2 hour commitment). Register here.
- Gate Team: Confederation Park
Requirement: Reliable individuals who live near Confederation Park who can open and close gates for the parking lot. Gates will be open 9AM to 9PM. Contact us to learn more.
- Track Setting Team: No additional need at this time.
- Snowmaking Team: Confederation Park and Shaganappi Point. Requirement: Individuals with previous snow making experience or some technical interest in this area. Contact us if you are interested in this team.
- Events Team: We may require individuals to assist with various events over the season.
- Communications Team: Confederation Park and Shaganappi Point. Requirement: Individuals with interest in managing online communications, social media and web updates. Contact us if you are interested in this team.
Shutdown and Cleanup: Early March
- Shutdown Team: We may require volunteers to assist to shut down operations.
- Can you contribute in another way? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us to connect with someone from our Volunteer Committee.